Youth Education Centre - Flexicentre
Certificate I in Automotive is a unique program designed for students with an interest in the automotive industry. Auto Links work in conjunction with Quality Automotive in developing student’s skills in the areas of vehicle and small engine mechanics and repair, including engine components, systems and servicing, tools and equipment, WHS, environmental issues, car electrics, soldering and general mechanical work. This course combines structured work training, practical work sessions and theory into a single package designed to give students an entry level qualification in the automotive industry. Students are also required to complete 20 days of Structured Workplace Learning in a mechanical servicing business which will be arranged as part of the program. This certificate is designed to be an introduction to automotive mechanics and servicing in an entry level capacity.
Benefits for students:
This course will give you the essential skills to gain work as an apprentice within the automotive industry.
No pre-requisites to study this qualification, however, suitable for students:
· In year 11 who have a desire for being part of the Automotive Industry
· Adequate Literacy & Numeracy Skills,
- Certificate ll in Automotive
- Certificate lll in Automotive
- Certificate lll in Automotive Air Condition Technology
- Certificate lll in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Certificate lll in Automotive Sales
University degree in:
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical
- School Based Apprenticeship
- Underbody Systems
- Light Vehicle,
- Heavy Vehicle,
- Auto Electrical,
- Crash Repairs,
- Motorcycle Mechanic.
SACE CREDITS: Stage 1 - min 5 to max 45.
LENGTH OF COURSE: 1 year.
DAY AND TIMES: Friday
LOCATION: Youth Education Centre - Flexicentre - Kilburn
Career Information links:
- Automotive Career Chart
- Automotive Career Choices Information
- Automotive Job Pathways Chart
Career Options -
Automotive Air-conditioning Fitter, Automotive Electrician, Brake Mechanic, Crash Repairer/Panel Beater, Heavy Vehicle Mechanic, Light Vehicle Mechanic, Spare Parts Interpreter, Tyre Fitter, Vehicle Painter, Vehicle Trimmer.