St Paul’s College – Grand Junction Trade Training Centre
On successful completion of this Automotive Taster Course you will have gained the knowledge and experience to make educated choices for careers in the Automotive Industry. This course will lead onto Certificate ll courses in many of the related vehicle industry courses.
Benefits for Students
Students proficient in completing this program and interested in continuing, could then apply for a full Certificate ll Pathway, Certificate ll in Vehicle Servicing, look at obtaining a School Based Apprenticeship or an Apprenticeship in the Automotive Industry.
No pre-requisites to study this qualification, however, suitable for students:
· In year 10 who have a desire for being part of the Automotive Industry
· Adequate Literacy & Numeracy Skills
- Certificate lll in Automotive
- Certificate lll in Automotive Air Condition Technology
- Certificate lll in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Certificate lll in Automotive Sales
University degree in:
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical
- School Based Apprenticeship
- Underbody Systems
- Light Vehicle,
- Heavy Vehicle,
- Auto Electrical,
- Crash Repairs,
- Motorcycle Mechanic.
Unit of Competence – AURTTA1002 Carry out workshop practice activities
Commencement Date: Term 3 – Week 6
Length of Course: 5 Weeks
Days: Monday or Tuesday
Time: 8.30am to 3.30pm – each day
RTO - TAFESA
Career Information links:
- Automotive Career Chart
- Automotive Career Choices Information
- Automotive Job Pathways Chart
Career Options -
Automotive Air-conditioning Fitter, Automotive Electrician, Brake Mechanic, Crash Repairer/Panel Beater, Heavy Vehicle Mechanic, Light Vehicle Mechanic, Spare Parts Interpreter, Tyre Fitter, Vehicle Painter, Vehicle Trimmer.